Yet another one goes missing from Kent

Stolen vehicles and kit here please. You need to be registered on the EMLRA Forum if you want to post but anyone can view. Please bear in mind that confirmation of registration is unlikely to be immediate. Contact details will be useful. Links to Stolen posts on other forums are fine but please include details here as well, not everyone will want to be clicking links.

Moderators: jeff foster, Colin Voss (admin), forumadmin, mark sansom, Henry James (Moderator), Ian Kilkenny (Moderator)

Yet another one goes missing from Kent

Postby brinv8 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 am

A neighbours Red 90 went missing Wednesday 08.02.12 during the evening/night, between 7.30pm and 10.30pm from Barnsdale Road, Orpington, Kent. The vehicle is a 1992 Station Wagon Red (Matt/faded) 90 with VRN - J 99 GGU.
The owner, a retired AA patrolman, has just spent last couple of months and several thousands pounds on getting the vehicle up to scratch to last him several more years. These works included new rear crossmember and outriggers, brake overhaul, head gasket and engine overhaul, plus many other little jobs. Just had MOT and ready for another years motoring. One of the most annoying thing is that he sold one of his old motor bikes to pay for all the works to be done. Whilst these works have been carried out and over the many years that he has owned the vehicle, he has marked/scratched in his postcode into nearly every part of the vehicle.

So in anybody is offered any 90 parts or even the whole vehicle with a postcode starting BR5, please get in touch.
brinv8
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby 40amp Dave » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am

Any chance you could add a photo of it incase I see it as I live/work in Kent?
Dave
40amp Dave
Warden Hodges
Warden Hodges

Postby brinv8 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Unfortuatly not mine so no photos available, will check with owner later, but do not think he has modern technology.
All I can say is that you will notice it by being a dull red/matt type finish, but very clean and straight. A nice standard everyday 90.
brinv8
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby brinv8 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Well local rumour control suggested that a Land Rover had been dumped in some local woodland waste ground, so went over for a looksee. This bit of ground has been made un-accessable by the local council for almost any vehicle, that is with the exception of some dirt bags with a stolen Land Rover. What we found was not nice, a badly beaten up Red 90, which has had a lot of the goody bits removed like Expedition Roof Rack and All Wheels and tyres, plus tools and bits from the rear, then set on fire. The result is a totally f*%$ed motor, and yes it was my neigbours. The fire, as can be guessed, has done untold damage to the whole vehicle. Going by local knowledge, the vehicle was dumped sometime during Thursday/Friday, so the vehicle was stolen just for the bits removed. A set of brand new tyres on steel modular wheels, and the roof rack. All local eyes are now on the look out for a 90 or 110 with these new fitments, as they are marked with the post code.

Roger, the owner has asked to say thanks to the whole of the LR fraternity for their support.
brinv8
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby ArtistsRifles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Jesus - that is awful news!!! My commiserations to the unfortunate owner.. :(

Any likelihood this was a two pronged event - vehicle was stolen for its parts and dumped then the local mindless youth found it, trashed and burnt it???
Neil
55 FM 58 - 1974 Series 3 109" FFR
40 KA 65 - Sankey trailer
16 CL 49 - 1957 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 Ten Tonner

1970 UAZ 469 - the Soviet Landrover
ArtistsRifles
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby Ian Kilkenny (Moderator) » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 am

was thinking that myself, but the toe rags think they can get rid of finger prints if they burn it, if it was mine I would prefer not to see it in that state, but at least he knows its now gone and not coming back again
110 TUM HS GS WMIK MJ75AA
110 TUM HS FFR WOLF MD81AA
11O FFR CE50AA
110 02KF91
110 FFR 70KJ10

member http://www.callsignalpha.co.uk

EMLRA Membership No 2241
Ian Kilkenny (Moderator)
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby ArtistsRifles » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:26 am

Probably right Ian.... If they ever get caught I have a nice heft Soviet pry bar the owner can borrow to ensure the fingers lose the ability to steal again... Might have a use for it myself later on this year..... :evil:
Neil
55 FM 58 - 1974 Series 3 109" FFR
40 KA 65 - Sankey trailer
16 CL 49 - 1957 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 Ten Tonner

1970 UAZ 469 - the Soviet Landrover
ArtistsRifles
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby steel tiger » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:33 am

Sorry to hear about your friends Rover. Living in this country we have a little less of a problem with people knicking rovers. I know if any one tried that with any of my rovers they would meet my 303 or armalite.
steel tiger
Pte Godfrey
Pte Godfrey

Postby brinv8 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:34 am

Unfortuantely the tyre tracks show that they had their fun first before removing the goodies. Axles straight into the soft ground and then torched. You could even see where they rolled the wheels away, back to a vehicle on the road. Enquiries are being made, if you know what I mean.
brinv8
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby EDDIE » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Very sorry to hear about your Land Rover Rodger.I can remember when you first got it.Shame the scum bags were not trapped in it when it was burning.Good luck with the insurance,hope you get a good deal.
EDDIE

Postby 40amp Dave » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 pm

In my opinion West Kingsdown is a likley place the toe rags came from, alot of 4x4s are stolen in that area.
40amp Dave
Warden Hodges
Warden Hodges

Postby dutch » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Or star lane orpington/cray valley !!!
dutch
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby brinv8 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:42 pm

It was actually found near top end of Star Lane, but enquiries reveal that it may not be them, as they were attracted to the noise and then the fire. We have one of the family living close to us, and almost opposite to where the vehicle was parked and he was not happy about this happening on his patch. We have a vey good relationship with these guys, and they do help out now again. I never have to take any metal rubbish down to the tip, know what I mean.
brinv8
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby dutch » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Same here, loads of old batteries, wheels, washing machines ect ect. all the things the bin men wont touch unless you give them a drink !!!
dutch
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Return to Stolen Thingies