Stolen Winch and 101 Radiator from Defender

Stolen vehicles and kit here please. You need to be registered on the EMLRA Forum if you want to post but anyone can view. Please bear in mind that confirmation of registration is unlikely to be immediate. Contact details will be useful. Links to Stolen posts on other forums are fine but please include details here as well, not everyone will want to be clicking links.

Moderators: jeff foster, Colin Voss (admin), forumadmin, mark sansom, Henry James (Moderator), Ian Kilkenny (Moderator)

Stolen Winch and 101 Radiator from Defender

Postby 101FC » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 am

Heads up that last night I had my defender broken into and the little S**ts stole my 101 radiator out of the back of it and the winch off the front. The Defender was locked and alarmed but now all the doors are open and the car is dead as a Dodo. The winch is a 10,000Lb 24 volt husky converted to 12 volt with a 4.6 Hp Bow Motor. It is mounted in a Super Winch bumper with a custom aluminium fairlead (machined by myself), Albright solenoids all connected by a recessed lead plug in the bumper itself (again modified by me). I won’t be able to afford to replace the winch so I will probably have to except that it has gone but I need a 101 radiator. The radiator was going to be reconditioned so if anyone has a spare in any condition that I can have reworked please let us know now just sitting waiting for the Police to call :evil:
73 FL 05 (101)
56 HG 41 (LW)
50th Anniversary #264
WAS 483 (SUMB)
101FC
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby 101FC » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 pm

OK so the police have been and found nothing! However they got round the alarm by simply cutting the earth cable where it exits the battery box SO IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR DEFENDER SECURE SIMPLY RUN A SECOND EARTH FROM THE BATTERY TO THE BATTERY BOX. This will mean that the alarm will still work as they won’t be able to cut the new earth and they can’t get to the live. This will take 20 mins to fit and could save your defender, you have been warned ;)
73 FL 05 (101)
56 HG 41 (LW)
50th Anniversary #264
WAS 483 (SUMB)
101FC
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby AndyO » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Sounds like they knew what they were doing!

Will look out for a radiator for you.

Cheers
Andy
AndyO
Pte Godfrey
Pte Godfrey

Return to Stolen Thingies