Southwest green laners?

There is undoubtedly an interest in Green Laning, not surprising really when you consider the vehicles we covet and cherish. This forum is here for discussion of routes, contemporary issues and the social side of things. Anyone not playing nice will have their tyres let down.

Moderators: jeff foster, Colin Voss (admin), mark sansom, Henry James (Moderator), Ian Kilkenny (Moderator)

Southwest green laners?

Postby almostsilentbob » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 am

Are there any emlra green laners based around bath/Bristol? Getting up to Oldham is a bit far just for a run out!
34 AY 55 - ex RAF 90
EK 88 AA mk3 sankey
almostsilentbob

Postby chunkster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

i'm in melksham and regularly travel salisbury plain and the many lanes of wiltshire if that is any use to you

chris
chunkster
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby Laurie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Try the North Somerset LR Club.
http://www.nslrc.org.uk/membership.htm
Laurie
Cpl Jones
Cpl Jones

Postby Mike O'Connor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Actually I was thinking some of the purpose of this forum was to try and share greenlaning info as well as maybe meeting for an out. I know travelling is expensive these days but maybe we could meet up once in awhile in different areas if local members are willing to lead. By the way there is a long byway in several sections from just SW of Cirencester to the M$ North East of Bath. There are also many Byways and ORPAs in Wiltshire and I have a .pdf copy of those not sure how easy it is to send as it's quite big. There is also a countrywide ap arrangement you can look at in a limited way, more if you are a member of GLASS or LARA or a club you are in isd a member. Thinks it's Trailwise but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember it. You can also look at an internet version of the definitive map for Wiltshire I think on the County Council site. Sadly Bath & NE Somerset CC aren't together on that front yet you'd have to visit the council offices. Beware of tracks that maybe TRO'd (Traffic Regulation Order) which is more frequent at this time of year.
Wading kit/winterised 110 12/24 Ex 59 Independent Marine Commando Royal Engineers and yes it gets used greenlaning as well as at shows. Though not as often as I'd like.
Mike O'Connor
Pte Godfrey
Pte Godfrey

Postby MG Mal » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 pm

And I have room on the field for those who may wish to camp over night, instead of paying for a site.

Once the house works are done all will be welcome.
83 S3 LWT Ex RAF Derv Conversion (2.25)
Early S3 Light-Weight Project (V8)
03 plate 130 double cab (poss ex MOD White Fleet)
MG Mal
Sgt Wilson
Sgt Wilson

Postby mcupis » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm halfway between Bath and Bristol. Know a few greenlanes in the area and always keen to meet up and explore!
mcupis
Pte Pike
Pte Pike

Postby almostsilentbob » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 pm

mcupis wrote:I'm halfway between Bath and Bristol. Know a few greenlanes in the area and always keen to meet up and explore!

I might have to be cheeky and drop in for a brew one day then - I work in bridgeyate. :)
I have been out with the north somerset group once, friendly bunch - I just struggled to find the time to get over to them! When the home life settles down I might try and get over to them again.
34 AY 55 - ex RAF 90
EK 88 AA mk3 sankey
almostsilentbob

Postby 83KB62 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

Laurie wrote:Try the North Somerset LR Club.
http://www.nslrc.org.uk/membership.htm

Link not showing any thing, are they still going?
Now Landrover less!
83KB62
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Return to Green Laning