EMLRA Facebook Group goes off roading

There is undoubtedly an interest in Green Laning, not surprising really when you consider the vehicles we covet and cherish. This forum is here for discussion of routes, contemporary issues and the social side of things. Anyone not playing nice will have their tyres let down.

Moderators: jeff foster, Colin Voss (admin), mark sansom, Henry James (Moderator), Ian Kilkenny (Moderator)

EMLRA Facebook Group goes off roading

Postby mark sansom » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Not quite green laning but via the EMLRA Facebook Group we recenty organised a trip to Wildtrackks Near Newmarket for a day putting our landies through their paces.

The newsletter editor excelled by rescuing a stranded discovery towing it our with her landrover 90.

Here are a few pictures that may be of interest. The next EMLRA Facebook Group event is being planned and is to be some greenlaning in the Peterborough area.

HF52AA Defender Battlefield Ambulance

Formerly Traffic-Womble

EMLRA Member? Try the new FACEBOOK page!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/255880347758770/
mark sansom
Warden Hodges
Warden Hodges

Postby mkeating » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:31 pm

As wildtracks is private land I assume this allows the use of the military VRN ?

Not wishing to Pee on any parade but a distinction has to be made as to when on Green Lanes (PUBLIC HIGHWAY) and when Off Road (PRIVATE LAND).
Joe public needs educating on the differance... as do some 4x4 users.
It is my aim to promote the Lawful use of Green Lanes (Byways) by 4x4 Being a member of CRAG and Tread Lightly.
Great to see Military Landies back in the Cuds.
mkeating
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby mkeating » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:54 pm

For those who wish to jion the battle.
http://www.trailbikemag.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

Stonehenge a dirty little war been going on a while take the trouble to read from page one.
mkeating
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby Craig Cunningham » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Nope never put me mil plates on on green lanes, like you say they are still highways and so very much subject to road laws etc Wildtracks is, as you say 'off road' private land so yes the plates where on for the 'photo shoots'. After id jet washed the landy down, on site, after finishing, i did remove the plates before going tarmac.

I am going green laning soon and i never put the mil plates on. I even carry, bucket sponge and water to make sure i can clean civvy plates etc free from mud, before driving back to the 'mac.
35KL88 - SWB Defender
97KJ55 - HVMVIK RB44Mk2
80KC46 - LWB S3
Craig Cunningham
Cpl Jones
Cpl Jones

Postby mkeating » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:14 am

Cricky :shock:
Only time Rattle gets a wash is when it rains or when the MOT is due :oops: :oops:
Thanks for getting back so soon.Enjoyed the Army when in But love my Landie Will BATTLE for our rights to drive Green lanes.
reason for my first post was that the first photo looks very much like a lane, could be copied by the Anties as an example of Abuse ( VRN ) and report you to police who have to investigate ALL vehicle related complaints. Photographic evidence of you being on a public highway up to YOU to disprove.
As I said a dirty little war
Are you up for it!!
mkeating
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby mark sansom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 am

To redress the balance I never wash our landies! and would never carry a bucket and sponge unless it was for a village fete "splat the vicar" event.

Hadn't realised such a war was being waged :shock:

We have loads of greenlanes here in Cambridgeshire, but many are now closed for the winter.

Rest assured as new greenlaners we are responsible and will do our best to promote considerate greenlaning.
HF52AA Defender Battlefield Ambulance

Formerly Traffic-Womble

EMLRA Member? Try the new FACEBOOK page!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/255880347758770/
mark sansom
Warden Hodges
Warden Hodges

Postby mkeating » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:30 am

If I may Just like to get on my sand bag.
For me Laneing is a great hobby. Drive in the main Solo as I like to stop and chat with the locals and pick up provisions from village shops.Not every ones cup of tea, but this Battle and it is every inch a battle for our rights and our childrens rights will be won or lost at local level.
Hence my Hearts and Minds activity.
Comming onto this Forum for which I am grateful for the support I have recieved gives me hope for the future that all is not lost.
I have because of my views been banned on the GLASS forum. For those who know GLASS can draw there own conclusions as to why.
I am a member of Treadlightly and CRAG please take the trouble to check their web sites out. Both Groups are active in the midlands and Wales.Very thin on the ground here on the sun rise coast.
Besides Rattle I ride a bike hence my intrest in the TBM and the link I have provided into the on going action on THE PLAIN.

TBM is the most active forum I have seen inregards to ROW issues, And If you permit me I will continue to FEED IN TRO concerns.
YOU can play your part in helping to keep the lanes OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC. I have been laneing for 5 years.There is something about being up at the crack of dawn, a chill in the air, Landie ticking over whilst you catch a rare glimpse of a dear as it darts across your path.
In my books something worth fighting for.
mkeating
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Postby mkeating » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 am

OPPPS deer :oops:
mkeating
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Return to Green Laning