My first Land Rover

Ever owned a vehicle you wish you never sold ? Driven it in service and have a photo of it ? Wondered if its still on the road ? Or still on the show circuit somewhere ? Why not post a picture and some details of last seen owned etc, who knows what may turn up or where !

Moderators: Colin Voss (admin), Henry James (Moderator), Ian Kilkenny (Moderator)

My first Land Rover

Postby stanfonj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:19 am

I currently own a 1984 Lightweight. My mid-life crisis apparently. My first car also happened to be a lightweight; not the cheapest thing to run when you're a student.
Well, back in 1995, whilst working down in Pembrokeshire, a crack developed in one of the cylinders. With no money to fix it I sold it on to the local garage - it makes me cry to think how little I took for it.
So where is it now?
I'm pleased to say it's alive and well, and in much better condition than when I had it. It's now owned by TV's Anna Ryder Richardson and her husband at the Manor House Wildlife Park (www.manorhousewildlifepark.co.uk), where I happened to come across it last year.
It now has a V8, but Anna's husband Colin (charming chap) has plans to put in diesel.
stanfonj
Pte Walker
Pte Walker

Postby Colin Voss (admin) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm

That's brilliant that the lightweight is still alive and kicking and nearby.
mattblack2003 on eBay
Defender 300tdi CL PT39AA
110 V8 snatch 26KK79 32KK26 32KK93 34KK61 35KK13
300tdi snatch 2A 29KK05
EMLRA member 178
Colin Voss (admin)
Cpt Mainwairing
Cpt Mainwairing

Return to Where is it now ? Owned it & sold it to regret it ?