Wonder where it is?

Ever owned a vehicle you wish you never sold ? Driven it in service and have a photo of it ? Wondered if its still on the road ? Or still on the show circuit somewhere ? Why not post a picture and some details of last seen owned etc, who knows what may turn up or where !

Moderators: emlra admin, Mike Allmey, woody

Wonder where it is?

Postby Enginedriver » Mon May 28, 2018 12:53 am

I've just looked on the DVLA site and my old Lightweight, that I last saw in Sheffield in the late 90's (it had been fitted with a truck cab by then :( ) It failed it's MOT on a track rod end in 2007 then passed immediately after, so must have been repaired, then 12 months later in September 2008 MOT ran out and truck fell from the face of the earth! it's shown as on a SORN but that's it, pity cos it was mint when I sold it :? :( Civvy reg:- CFR 264V
Enginedriver

Re: Wonder where it is?

Postby GrumpyB formerly FULLTILT » Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Enginedriver wrote:I've just looked on the DVLA site and my old Lightweight, that I last saw in Sheffield in the late 90's (it had been fitted with a truck cab by then :( ) It failed it's MOT on a track rod end in 2007 then passed immediately after, so must have been repaired, then 12 months later in September 2008 MOT ran out and truck fell from the face of the earth! it's shown as on a SORN but that's it, pity cos it was mint when I sold it :? :( Civvy reg:- CFR 264V

The fact it is SORN , a good point , probably garaged away as soebody's retirement project :)

CFR 264V , not one I have noted passing. re-reg. end of July 1979 to end of July 1980. Briefly - the FR , that will be Preston local reg. code. Possibly sold by K Motors who were Preston area , although more probably another family firm who sold many more Ex-MOD Land Rovers at that time-line. You will be aware , the Pennines esp. Yorkshire & Lancashire were always up to full strength with Ex-MOD Lightweights. Can't remember the name of that other Ex-MOD family independants just now = on tip of my tongue, they sold their yard abt. 1990 and it is a small housing estate , they did continue from another site. Give me a few hours on that :lol:

Enrol at - The Land Rover Lightweight Club Forum , put out a similar request. There are other Ex-MOD LR org. on the internet - quite confident somebody will turn out CFR 264V , I don't have it :roll: If you know the MOD Reg. No. two No. two letter, two No. e.g. --FM-- then searches using Google etc. may turn it out :?:
GrumpyB formerly FULLTILT
Site Admin

Postby GrumpyB formerly FULLTILT » Mon May 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Got it , Crook Bros. / Crook Bros. Ltd. They possibly had the words Land Rovers incorporated in business name.

If you can contact K Motors or Crook Bros. even Simmonites , others have gone -the-Burton , often these dealers have L'wt passing through their hands two or three times :wink:
GrumpyB formerly FULLTILT
Site Admin

Postby Enginedriver » Tue May 29, 2018 12:13 am

Yeah, I got from Crook Bros' but I couldn't think of their names either, it's a long time ago!
Enginedriver

Postby robp634 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:08 pm

I bought my ex mil from Crook Bros Ltd in 1991. Apparently the first vehicle they sold from their new premises in Houghton. First viewed at their old premises. It was 45KC73 series 3 109 GS soft top. Ex RE and just released after the first gulf war. They prepared it and registered it for me as B812DBV. I had it converted into a window hardtop and painted masai red and Limestone. Sold it after 9 years(regrettably). Last known on a SORN. Someone local bought it and painted it all black apparently. Love to know where it is now.
CF20AA FFR 110 soft top
45KC73 Series 3 109 GS soft top(Gone)
??RN88 Series 3 109 Hard top CL(Gone)
robp634
Pte Fraser
Pte Fraser

Return to Where is it now ? Owned it & sold it to regret it ?